Dubai, Nov 28 : Indian spinner Pragyan Ojha has broken into the top 15 of the International Cricket Council (ICC) Player Rankings for Test bowlers for the first time in his career following a high-quality performance in the third Test against the West Indies in Mumbai.
Ojha took seven wickets in the match, including 6-47 in the second innings, and as a result has earned himself 11 places on the rankings and now sits in 15th place, just ahead of Australian fast bowler Peter Siddle.
The news is not so good for Ojha’s teammate Ishant Sharma, who has slipped three places to 20th position after taking just one wicket in the match.
In the ICC Player Rankings for Test batsmen, West Indies’ Darren Bravo has moved up 14 places and now sits just outside the top 20 in 21st position, thanks to his knocks of 166 and 48 in the match, which concluded in a thrilling draw. (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'