Dubai, Nov 28 : Indian spinner Pragyan Ojha has broken into the top 15 of the International Cricket Council (ICC) Player Rankings for Test bowlers for the first time in his career following a high-quality performance in the third Test against the West Indies in Mumbai.
Ojha took seven wickets in the match, including 6-47 in the second innings, and as a result has earned himself 11 places on the rankings and now sits in 15th place, just ahead of Australian fast bowler Peter Siddle.
The news is not so good for Ojha’s teammate Ishant Sharma, who has slipped three places to 20th position after taking just one wicket in the match.
In the ICC Player Rankings for Test batsmen, West Indies’ Darren Bravo has moved up 14 places and now sits just outside the top 20 in 21st position, thanks to his knocks of 166 and 48 in the match, which concluded in a thrilling draw. (ANI)
- I'd be very caring, says Dominic Cooper on ex Amanda Seyfried's comment
- Here's how to stop your teen from becoming LiLo type 'mean girl'
- Shia is one of the best actors I've ever worked with, says Brad Pitt
- Nicole Kidman thanks fans for support post father's death
- Brad Pitt feels marriage is 'more than just a title'
- Kelly Brook says David Mackintosh is needy
- Michael Strahan to do a cameo in 'Magic Mike' sequel
- Pregnant Duchess Kate set to resume royal duties post morning sickness recovery