Oslo - More alleged doping cases connected to the recent Beijing Games are pending, a Norwegian member of the International Olympic Committee said Thursday.
Gerhard Heiberg's remarks were made on the eve of a meeting of the Olympic movement's ruling body in Lausanne, Switzerland this weekend.
The cases concern "several people from several nations" and several different events, Heiberg told broadcaster NRK, adding he was "not surprised."
"We had expected more to be caught during the games. Luckily there weren't more, but I said that more were due and we are going to consider them," Heiberg said.
The IOC member said he could not name the athletes but said the IOC would meet with the athletes suspected of doping. The cases were based on tests of both A- and B-samples.
Heiberg said the names likely would be disclosed after the IOC meeting in Lausanne this weekend, the report said. (dpa)
- Shah Rukh Khan`s HNY now available online
- Ringo Starr, Paul Mc Cartney lead heartfelt tributes to singer Joe Cocker
- Sofia Vergara will do anything to stay young
- Stacy Keibler credits strict workout routine and healthy diet for losing baby weight
- Is Leona Lewis' beau planning to pop the question on Christmas?
- Paul McCartney to write a song on Eric Garner protest
- Kourtney K names new newborn son Reign Aston Disick
- Elton John finally marries long-time partner David Furnish