Lahore, Oct. 4 : Calling on the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to get its house in order and appoint a new chairman quickly, former Pakistan captain Inzamam-ul- Haq has said there is no need for the Federal Sports Ministry to interfere in cricket affairs.
“I really don’t support what is happening. The sooner they announce a new chairman of the board and allow him to get on with the job independent of the ministry, it is better for Pakistan cricket,” the Daily News quoted Inzamam as saying during a private TV channel show.
“There is a sense of uncertainty among the players and this is not helping because, there is no proper communication between the two (the PCB and the players),” he added.
Inzamam, who will lead the Lahore Badshah team in the new Indian Cricket League (ICL) season, said not only cricket but also the country itself was passing through a very crucial phase.
“I think as a nation we need to rise above ourselves and show unity and resolve. And both these things are also essential elements in a good cricket team,” Inzamam said. (ANI)
- Pak Senate Committee summons PCB chief Ijaz Butt over inappropriate remarks
- Pak’s Dutch hockey coach likely to snub training camp over security concerns
- ‘Shallow’ PCB has no continuity, structure: Ex-Pak player
- Pak Sports Ministry says no request by PCB to clear Sri Lankan team terror attack report
- Retirement from Test cricket not due to team differences: Afridi