New Delhi, March 30 : Legendary spinner Shane Warne reiterated that Sachin Tendulkar was the best batsman he has ever bowled to, but his famous quip that he had nightmares about the Indian was said in jest and people seem to have taken it too seriously.
"I want to make it clear that this nightmare remark was a joke. Sachin without doubt is the best batsman of my time and I always enjoyed the challenge of bowling to him, but I am not scared of him or anybody for that matter," said Warne on the eve of the his Rajasthan Royals match against Delhi Daredevils.
Warne was at the receiving end of Tendulkar's batting fury wherever Australia played India in the late 90s, forcing the leg-spinner to say that he had nightmares.
"I am never frightened of anyone. And that's not me being arrogant, I am just confident of my ability. I have enjoyed bowling against great players like Sachin and Brian Lara.
"If I were scared I wouldn't have taken so many wickets in my long span of career. I had quite an experiences when he hit me to all parts of the park but I also got him out quite a few times," said Warne, who has 708 wickets in Tests and 293 in One-Day Internationals.
Warne went on to say that he had dismissed Tendulkar once in the Indian Premier League (IPL) when the Australian led Rajasthan Royals to win the inaugural edition.
"I remember getting him out in the semi-final in 2008. I think I can get him out this time again," he said.
Asked, if he was planning to play in the next season, Warne said: "It all depends whether I am enjoying it or not. I didn't enjoy the first three matches, but I was touched with the way my boys made a turnaround by winning the next four matches. I also don't know if Rajasthan Royals wants me for the next season and if I have to go through re-auction. It is a complicated process."
But Warne wants to stay with the Royals.
"I want to show my loyalty towards Royals and would love other youngsters to do it as well," he said.(IANS)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone