London, Sept 30 : Former world number one Nick Faldo said he is surprised Tiger Woods was chosen to play in the Presidents Cup at Royal Melbourne despite having lost the aura of invincibility.
Woods was named this week as one of US captain Fred Couples'' two captain''s picks for the November event, despite his poor performance following his infamous sex scandal.
"Everything has affected him, he''s had two seasons now with total up and down, very little golf," the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Faldo, as saying.
"From his self-imprisonment and getting away from the first troubles, then to physical injuries and now the swing change, he''s bombarded himself over these last couple of years. So I was quite surprised he got picked for the Presidents Cup. He''s only had six competitive rounds since the Masters and still obviously a lot''s going on, still struggling to find the swing," he added.
After being humiliated in public over his sex scandals, Tiger Woods had apologized last year once again for bringing disgrace to his family by having numerous extra-marital affairs.
"The pain and the damage I caused my wife, my mom, my kids ... Going forward, I am going to have to explain all [this to them] ... but that''s my responsibility. I did it," he had said. (ANI)