Nadal faces huge battle to complete career Grand Slam at US Open
London, Jul 6 : World No. 1 and Wimbledon champion Rafa Nadal has said that he faces a huge battle to complete his career Grand Slam at the US Open, - despite the backing of tennis legend John McEnroe.
Nadal, who won Wimbledon for the second time on Sunday, now aims to become only the seventh man to land all four Majors.
Roger Federer, Andre Agassi, Roy Emerson, Rod Laver, Don Budge and Fred Perry are the six who have triumphed in Melbourne, Paris, London and New York.
Nadal, 24, who has also won the Australian and French Open titles, has never gone beyond the semi-finals at Flushing Meadows, with the concrete surface of the US Open being least forgiving on his limbs, as he suffers from tendinitis.
“I hope to be ready, to be healthy. Last year, I had abdominal trouble, two years ago I was totally exhausted in the semi-final with Murray after the Olympics and winning here at Wimbledon,” The Sun quoted him, as saying.
“This year things might be a bit different. Now the most important thing is to rest then have three weeks like a pre-season practice in the US,” he said. (ANI)
Wellington [New Zealand], Mar. 20 : South African...Read More
London [UK], Mar. 20 : Manchester City manager Pep...Read More
Greater Noida (Uttar Pradesh) [India], Mar. 20...Read More
Barcelona [Spain], Mar. 20 : Star striker Lionel...Read More
California [USA], Mar. 20 : Swiss maestro Roger...Read More
California [USA], Mar. 19 : Swiss maestro Roger...Read More