London, Mar 17: Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney insists that he is returning to his very best form.
Rooney, who struggled for form and fitness in the early part of the season, has scored six of his nine goals in the season so far in the last few weeks, and has clocked up 15 assists.
"My form's definitely coming back. The last two or three weeks is the best I've felt all season," the Daily Express quoted Rooney, as saying.
"I feel sharp and if the manager needs me to get up and down the pitch then fine. I haven't played as many games as usual this season, but the more you do play the more consistent you are and better you feel," he added.
The 25-year-old further said that although last season he scored more goals, he was not getting involved in the game.
"As a football player, you want to be involved and setting things up. I am happy to take on the responsibility. When you set a goal up it is a great feeling. It is up there with scoring certainly," Rooney said.
Rooney had scored 34 goals last season before an ankle injury curtailed his campaign. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today