London, Mar 17: Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney insists that he is returning to his very best form.
Rooney, who struggled for form and fitness in the early part of the season, has scored six of his nine goals in the season so far in the last few weeks, and has clocked up 15 assists.
"My form's definitely coming back. The last two or three weeks is the best I've felt all season," the Daily Express quoted Rooney, as saying.
"I feel sharp and if the manager needs me to get up and down the pitch then fine. I haven't played as many games as usual this season, but the more you do play the more consistent you are and better you feel," he added.
The 25-year-old further said that although last season he scored more goals, he was not getting involved in the game.
"As a football player, you want to be involved and setting things up. I am happy to take on the responsibility. When you set a goal up it is a great feeling. It is up there with scoring certainly," Rooney said.
Rooney had scored 34 goals last season before an ankle injury curtailed his campaign. (ANI)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan