London, Sept 15 : Serena Williams, who was seen ranting at the chair umpire during US Open final recently, has finally opened up in defense of her remarks.
The tennis ace was spotted in a rather demure look in the front row of Vera Wang’s Spring 2012 showcase at New York Fashion Week, following which she revealed that her emotions did get the best of her during the outburst.
“My emotions did get the best of me this past weekend when I disagreed with the umpire,” the Daily Mail quoted her as tweeting.
“It has been a long road to get back to the US Open this year, and I am thankful to have had such a great two weeks in New York,” she added.
She, however, refused to apologise for the tirade. (ANI)
- Brad Pitt feels marriage is 'more than just a title'
- Kelly Brook says David Mackintosh is needy
- Michael Strahan to do a cameo in 'Magic Mike' sequel
- Pregnant Duchess Kate set to resume royal duties post morning sickness recovery
- Taylor Swift, Metallica to perform at 2015 Rock in Rio festival
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas hadn't tweaked the original 'Star Wars'
- Don't regret having not played Gandhi: Naseeruddin Shah
- Paris Hilton and pals' booze bender at pub comes with $230K price-tag!