London, Sept 15 : Serena Williams, who was seen ranting at the chair umpire during US Open final recently, has finally opened up in defense of her remarks.
The tennis ace was spotted in a rather demure look in the front row of Vera Wang’s Spring 2012 showcase at New York Fashion Week, following which she revealed that her emotions did get the best of her during the outburst.
“My emotions did get the best of me this past weekend when I disagreed with the umpire,” the Daily Mail quoted her as tweeting.
“It has been a long road to get back to the US Open this year, and I am thankful to have had such a great two weeks in New York,” she added.
She, however, refused to apologise for the tirade. (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'