London, Sept 15 : Serena Williams, who was seen ranting at the chair umpire during US Open final recently, has finally opened up in defense of her remarks.
The tennis ace was spotted in a rather demure look in the front row of Vera Wang’s Spring 2012 showcase at New York Fashion Week, following which she revealed that her emotions did get the best of her during the outburst.
“My emotions did get the best of me this past weekend when I disagreed with the umpire,” the Daily Mail quoted her as tweeting.
“It has been a long road to get back to the US Open this year, and I am thankful to have had such a great two weeks in New York,” she added.
She, however, refused to apologise for the tirade. (ANI)
- Capello’s successor will face tough task if England win Euro 2012: Redknapp
- ‘Schumacher should have been punished for blocking Hamilton at Italian Grand Prix’
- FIFA chief brands early-exit suggestion as ‘ridiculous and pure nonsense’
- Giggs breaks Raul’s record of scoring goals in 16 successive Champions League seasons
- Mike Tindall ‘kisses and gropes’ buxom blonde at dwarf-throwing contest