Melbourne, Jan 25 : Fourth seed Andy Murray has entered into the semi-finals of the Australian Open, defeating Japanese Kei Nishikori in straight-sets. ] The British tennis star won the match quite comfortably, winning 6-3 6-3
6-1, The Age reports.
Murray’s chances of winning the Australian Open are still considered at a remote fourth place, with the top three ranked players still in contention for winning the Australian Open. Murray was the runner-up at the last two Australian Opens, but tasted defeat at the hands of Novak Djokovic last year and Roger Federer in 2010. (ANI)
- Australian Open: Sharapova to meet Kvitova in semis
- Kvitova to face Sharapova on march towards No.1 spot
- 3 Oz Olympic hopefuls test new sports bras to boost performance
- Sania-Vesnina knocked out, Paes-Stepanek through to semi-finals
- Wozniacki to lose World No.1 ranking following Australian Open quarter- final defeat