Johannesburg, Jan 16 : Munaf Patel recorded career-best bowling figures of 4 for 29 while Yuvraj Singh struck his maiden fifty in South Africa, as India clinched the second One-day International at the New Wanderers here.
The other highlights:
* Patel received the Man of the Match award for the second time in ODIs. He first got the award against England at Jaipur October 15, 2006.
* Lonwabo Tsotsobe (4/22) recorded his best bowling figures in limited-overs Internationals, obliterating the 4/27 against Pakistan at Abu Dhabi October 29, 2010.
* Tsotsobe bagged four wickets in an innings in consecutive games for the first time.
* Tsotsobe's brilliant 4/22 is the best by a South African against India at Johannesburg, beating Allan Donald's 3/27 December 13, 1992.
* Yuvraj Singh's fourth half-century against South Africa is his 45th in ODIs.
* Yuvraj's 53 off 68 balls is his first fifty against South Africa in South Africa, beating the 42 at Centurion October 10, 2001.
* Sachin Tendulkar equalled Sanath Jayasuriya's record of appearing in 444 ODIs.
* India (190) registered their second highest total against South Africa at Johannesburg, next only to the 279 for five October 5, 2001.
* Hashim Amla (4) recorded his first failure against India in ODIs. In his previous three innings against India, he had registered 34 at Gwalior and 87 at Ahmedabad last year followed by 50 at Durban January 12, 2011.
* During the course of his 77, Graeme Smith completed his 3,000 runs in South Africa - 3,006 (ave. 42.33) in 76 ODIs, including five centuries and 23 fifties.
* Smith is the third South African to complete 3,000 runs in South Africa, joining Jacques Kallis (4,856) and Herschelle Gibbs (3,556).
* Smith's second fifty against India in ODIs is his 43rd overall.
* Smith, during the course of his 77 off 98 balls, completed his 6,000 runs in ODIs, aggregating 6,029 at an average of 40.19, including eight centuries and 43 fifties.
* Smith's run tally is bettered only by three South African batsmen in ODIs - Jacques Kallis (11,002), Herschelle Gibbs (8,094) and Gary Kirsten (6,798).
* Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Yuvraj Singh shared a fourth wicket stand of 83 - India's best against South Africa at Johannesburg, obliterating the 46 between Sachin Tendulkar and Mohammad Azharuddin December 13, 1992.
* South Africa (189) registered their second lowest total at Johannesburg when they lost ten wickets in an ODI - the lowest being the 149 against England February 13, 2000.
* India's triumph is their first against South Africa at New Wanderers Stadium.
* India's thrilling one-run victory is their second against South Africa by such a margin. Last year at Jaipur February 21, India had defeated South Africa by one run.
* Apart from two wins over South Africa, India have won one game each by one run against New Zealand and Sri Lanka.
* India had lost seven games to South Africa in South Africa before winning at Johannesburg Saturday.
* India's last victory against South Africa in South Africa was in October 2001, winning by 41 runs at Centurion.
* India have only four wins against South Africa in South Africa - two at Centurion and one each at East London and Johannesburg.(IANS)