Karachi, Jan 7 : Former Pakistani cricketer Mudassar Nazar is looking forward to the Kevin Pieterson versus Saeed Ajmal duel in the upcoming series in the United Arab Emirates.
“The duel I am looking forward to the most though has to be Kevin Pietersen against the off spinner, Saeed Ajmal who will be bowling the doosra and going around the wicket and trying to attack. On the other hand, Kevin will be looking to dominate the Pakistani bowling attack,” PakPassion quoted Mudassar, as saying.
He admitted that England batsman Alistair Cook could pose a major threat to Pakistan unless the team claimed his wicket early.
He, however said, Pakistan’s opening batting pair of Mohammed Hafeez and Taufeeq Umar could set the stage for formidable score against England.
Muddasar also expressed confidence that Pakistani middle –order batsmen Azhar Ali and Asad Shafiq would perform well in the upcoming series.
He said Pakistan’s pace attack is capable of challenging the top-ranked Test team England.
He lauded England’s batting and bowling departments and admitted that it has an upper hand in the forthcoming series but pointed out that the match conditions would be beneficial to Pakistan. (ANI)
- Pak batsman Azhar Ali keen to play in all three cricket formats
- Ramiz asks Pak cricketers to ‘assume themselves at war’ to pip England in UAE series
- Pakistan team training at Lahore for England series
- ‘Heartbroken’ Afridi vows ‘never to be cricket captain again’
- Mohsin to concentrate on upcoming England series rather than coaching future