Montezemolo reluctant on Vettel joining Ferrari
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Mon, 10/15/2012 - 12:15
London, Oct 15 : Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has shown reluctance over Sebastian Vettel's reported move to the Italian outfit for the 2014 Formula 1 season.
A BBC report Monday claimed that Vettel was set to leave Red Bull in 2014 with his current championship rival Fernando Alonso "sanctioning his arrival" at Ferrari.
"Sources inside Ferrari say they have signed a contract with Vettel, 25, with an option to join in 2014 depending on their results," said the report.
Di Montezemolo, however, was quick to show his reluctance on the potential move.
"I've always said that I don't want two roosters in the hen-house. I don't like that and it creates instability in the team," he told Italian radio.
The report also said Vettel and Red Bull have denied that the German is going to Ferrari and said he is contracted to stay with the Austrian outfit until the end of 2014.
"However, Red Bull adviser Dr Helmut Marko - the right-hand man of the company's boss Dietrich Mateschitz - has already said the contract contains performance clauses and if Vettel wants to leave, Red Bull could not make him stay," said the report.
The report went to predict that Alonso's teammate Felipe Massa is likely to stay at Ferrari for the 2013 season. Alonso is contracted with Ferrari till 2016.
Massa has answered his critics by securing his first podium in Suzuka since Oct 2010. He came fourth in the Korean Grand Prix Sunday. (IANS)
- Taylor Swift, Metallica to perform at 2015 Rock in Rio festival
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas hadn't tweaked the original 'Star Wars'
- Don't regret having not played Gandhi: Naseeruddin Shah
- Paris Hilton and pals' booze bender at pub comes with $230K price-tag!
- Jake McDorman dating 'Manhattan Love Story' co-star?
- KimK assaulted at Paris Fashion Week event
- Lindsay Lohan fumbles her line during West End debut
- Lindsay Lohan wants 'Mean Girls' sequel