Montezemolo reluctant on Vettel joining Ferrari
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Mon, 10/15/2012 - 12:15
London, Oct 15 : Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has shown reluctance over Sebastian Vettel's reported move to the Italian outfit for the 2014 Formula 1 season.
A BBC report Monday claimed that Vettel was set to leave Red Bull in 2014 with his current championship rival Fernando Alonso "sanctioning his arrival" at Ferrari.
"Sources inside Ferrari say they have signed a contract with Vettel, 25, with an option to join in 2014 depending on their results," said the report.
Di Montezemolo, however, was quick to show his reluctance on the potential move.
"I've always said that I don't want two roosters in the hen-house. I don't like that and it creates instability in the team," he told Italian radio.
The report also said Vettel and Red Bull have denied that the German is going to Ferrari and said he is contracted to stay with the Austrian outfit until the end of 2014.
"However, Red Bull adviser Dr Helmut Marko - the right-hand man of the company's boss Dietrich Mateschitz - has already said the contract contains performance clauses and if Vettel wants to leave, Red Bull could not make him stay," said the report.
The report went to predict that Alonso's teammate Felipe Massa is likely to stay at Ferrari for the 2013 season. Alonso is contracted with Ferrari till 2016.
Massa has answered his critics by securing his first podium in Suzuka since Oct 2010. He came fourth in the Korean Grand Prix Sunday. (IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today