Islamabad, Feb 13 : Pakistan skipper Misbahul Haq has urged his batsmen to show more stability and consistency ahead of the first one-day international (ODI) against England in Abu Dhabi on Monday (today).
Expressing concerns over the inconsistency in the Pakistan batting line-up, Misbah said while he was satisfied with the bowling options for the ODI series, it was the batting that was a cause of concern for him.
"I think the batting has to be more stable and consistent. England might have lost the Test series but they will be a different side in the one-day series and we can't take them lightly," the Daily Times quoted him, as saying.
He pointed out that in recent times, Pakistan had achieved success in ODIs because of their bowlers.
"Our bowling is top class we have quality pacers and top spinners. Shahid Afridi and Saeed Ajmal are outstanding ODI bowlers and even against Afghanistan when our pacers struggled on a flat pitch it was Afridi who bailed us out," Misbah added.
He said because of the variety and strength in their bowling attack, Pakistan had been able to defend low totals.
"But against a top side like England our batsmen need to click more consistency. Most of them have been playing in the UAE conditions for sometime now. They should be better adjusted to score runs consistently," he said.
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'