Islamabad, Feb 13 : Pakistan skipper Misbahul Haq has urged his batsmen to show more stability and consistency ahead of the first one-day international (ODI) against England in Abu Dhabi on Monday (today).
Expressing concerns over the inconsistency in the Pakistan batting line-up, Misbah said while he was satisfied with the bowling options for the ODI series, it was the batting that was a cause of concern for him.
"I think the batting has to be more stable and consistent. England might have lost the Test series but they will be a different side in the one-day series and we can't take them lightly," the Daily Times quoted him, as saying.
He pointed out that in recent times, Pakistan had achieved success in ODIs because of their bowlers.
"Our bowling is top class we have quality pacers and top spinners. Shahid Afridi and Saeed Ajmal are outstanding ODI bowlers and even against Afghanistan when our pacers struggled on a flat pitch it was Afridi who bailed us out," Misbah added.
He said because of the variety and strength in their bowling attack, Pakistan had been able to defend low totals.
"But against a top side like England our batsmen need to click more consistency. Most of them have been playing in the UAE conditions for sometime now. They should be better adjusted to score runs consistently," he said.
- Brad Pitt feels marriage is 'more than just a title'
- Kelly Brook says David Mackintosh is needy
- Michael Strahan to do a cameo in 'Magic Mike' sequel
- Pregnant Duchess Kate set to resume royal duties post morning sickness recovery
- Taylor Swift, Metallica to perform at 2015 Rock in Rio festival
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas hadn't tweaked the original 'Star Wars'
- Don't regret having not played Gandhi: Naseeruddin Shah
- Paris Hilton and pals' booze bender at pub comes with $230K price-tag!