Islamabad, Feb 13 : Pakistan skipper Misbahul Haq has urged his batsmen to show more stability and consistency ahead of the first one-day international (ODI) against England in Abu Dhabi on Monday (today).
Expressing concerns over the inconsistency in the Pakistan batting line-up, Misbah said while he was satisfied with the bowling options for the ODI series, it was the batting that was a cause of concern for him.
"I think the batting has to be more stable and consistent. England might have lost the Test series but they will be a different side in the one-day series and we can't take them lightly," the Daily Times quoted him, as saying.
He pointed out that in recent times, Pakistan had achieved success in ODIs because of their bowlers.
"Our bowling is top class we have quality pacers and top spinners. Shahid Afridi and Saeed Ajmal are outstanding ODI bowlers and even against Afghanistan when our pacers struggled on a flat pitch it was Afridi who bailed us out," Misbah added.
He said because of the variety and strength in their bowling attack, Pakistan had been able to defend low totals.
"But against a top side like England our batsmen need to click more consistency. Most of them have been playing in the UAE conditions for sometime now. They should be better adjusted to score runs consistently," he said.
- BCCI trying to bankrupt Pak, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka cricket boards: PCB
- Pakistan cricket team lauded for series win
- PCB to conduct rehabilitation programme for Pak spot-fixer Aamir
- PCB chief wants ‘trapped’ spot-fixer Aamir back following completion of sentence
- Pak batting performance against England in ongoing Test series satisfactory: Miandad