Abu Dhabi, Feb 29 : Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq has cautioned against a drastic overhaul of his team after they crashed to a sensational five-run loss in the third and final Twenty20 against England, which gave the tourists a 2-1 victory in the series.
Misbah was particularly disappointed because the team had put themselves in a winning position against England only to lose in the final few overs.
The limited-overs defeats, however, have left question-marks on Misbah's handling of the team, who said he understood the fans' frustrations but the losses needed to be assessed dispassionately by the Pakistan Cricket Board, The Express Tribune reports.
"I think we need to take this decision only after assessing our resources and if you have those resources then do that. But if you don't have quality cricketers, the changes will harm the team. If you change for the sake of change, it will not help," said Misbah.
Losing the match from a winning position left the captain disheartened. (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'