London, May 12 : McLaren's ace driver Jensen Button has said if his team can solve the problem with the new Pirelli tyres soon, they have a good chance of winning the Barcelona Grand Prix.
The Pirelli soft tyres are working well but he cannot get the most out of the harder version.
The British driver demonstrated the difference by storming to the top of the times in Friday's final practice session, nearly two-tenths ahead of Bahrain GP winner Sebastian Vettel.
"I'd love to be on pole. But there's a lot more work before we even think about qualifying. On my first run I did three laps and just couldn't get the front tyres to work," The Daily Mirror quoted Button, as saying.
"Then we tried something and we went six-tenths quicker immediately. The car was transformed. We have shown we are able to make the tyre work it's just that it jumps out of that window quite easily," he added.
"It's something we need to sort out because when it works, it works well and when it doesn't its dreadful," he said. (ANI)
- Hamilton dismisses Webber criticism over Rosberg move in Bahrain
- QPR boss Hughes to get ‘huge’ bonus if he saves them from relegation
- Man U will release only ‘veteran’ Giggs for Great Britain Olympic team
- Drogba may stay at Stamford Bridge as Chelsea plans contract talks after CL final
- England fans to shun ‘dowdy’ Ukraine as only 3,000 Euro 2012 tickets sold so far