London, May 25 : McLaren driver Jensen Button has said Lotus are favourites to win the Monaco Grand Prix this weekend despite being the fastest during the second practice session.
Button was the only driver to use the faster of the two types of tyre before rain, and said the Lotus cars are the ones to beat this weekend.
"The cars that look very fast to me are the Lotuses. If you look at the runs, when they''re out, they''re very competitive, so I would say the Lotus is probably the car to beat this weekend," The BBC quoted Button, as saying.
Button said he was reasonably satisfied with his car.
"There was something with the car I didn''t like in P1; we tried something different and it works. So I am happy with how the car feels but we''re still not there yet," Button said.
"We were quickest but we were one of the only guys to do a lap on the super-softs. I don''t think it''s massively quick but the car feels OK, there is a lot of room for improvements we can make," he added.
"It''s not that we have a problem and don''t know where to go from there. We know what direction to go," he said. (ANI)
- ‘Happy’ Torres determined to proved his worth at Chelsea
- Chelsea striker Torres confesses to developing ‘mental block’ last season
- McLaren set to offer Hamilton new five-year contract with improved salary
- Chamberlain says ‘captain’ Van Persie had massive impact on Arsenal dressing room
- World number one McIlroy says ‘I can beat anyone in the world’