London, July 20 : Formula I team Mclaren has rubbished reports of punishing F1 ace Lewis Hamilton for partying till late night.
Last week, the 27-year-old was pictured with pals at 5 a. m. after drinking with U. S. rapper J. Cole at a London nightclub.
When Hamilton faced the media yesterday ahead of this weekend's German Grand Prix, he refused to talk about the incident.
However, McLaren brushed off the episode and insisted they have not punished him.
"Lewis is a great guy. Of course, nothing has changed," The Sun quoted a spokesman for the firm, as saying.
Hamilton, who is currently out of contract with the team at the end of the season, has yet to resolve his future.
It is understood that McLaren have tabled a whopping 100-million-pound five-year deal for the 2008 world champion, who has been with the team since he was a 13-year-old.
Sources close to the driver do not expect his relationship with the team to be harmed by his latest controversy.
"If a night out leads to pressure in someone's job, then everyone in F1 would be in trouble," a source said. (ANI)
- Rooney will have to get used to hype, expectation surrounding him: Fergie
- Andy Carroll emulates David Hasselhoff in Baywatch on day out at beach
- Wimbledon to start a week later from 2015 to help players adjust from clay to grass
- Spice Girls planning sensational comeback for Olympics closing ceremony
- Nadal says pulling out of Spanish Olympics contingent ‘saddest’ day of his career