London, July 6 : Ace McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton has expressed readiness for signing a new deal, but without mentioning the name of the team, and this has cranked up speculation over his Formula One career.
The former champion has revealed he is ready to do the biggest deal of his life and sort out his 100 million pound future.
Hamilton, who is well settled with McLaren currently, keeps the world guessing about his future.
“I am ready to get it done,” The Daily Mirror quoted Hamilton, as saying.
Pushed directly on whether he would be plying his trade alongside world champion Sebastian Vettel at Red Bull, he said: “Being ready means you''ve made a decision and you know what you''re going to do. At some point soon I would like to get something in place.”
Hamilton’s words are sure to escalate both talks and speculation, which, until now, both sides had said would be put on hold until the August break.
While the smart money is stacked on the 2008 champion staying at the team that has fostered his career since he was 13, he surveys the biggest range of competitive options in years. (ANI)
- Former player Moody says England better than ‘rusty and disorganized’ Oz
- Paes-Vesnina in Wimbledon mixed doubles quarters
- Silva snubs Real to sign new 5-year-£52m contract with City
- Wimbledon ticket prices may catapult to £45,000 a pair if Murray reaches final
- Olympic champion Bolt suffers injury scare before London Games