London, June 19 : Model girlfriend of Surrey cricketer Tom Maynard has spoken of her grief after he was killed on a tube track while fleeing police early yesterday morning.
"You''re the most special man I have ever met. You made me the happiest girl. I love you always X," the Daily Mail quoted lingerie model Carly Baker, as writing on Twitter.
Maynard had been on his way to his girlfriend's home in South London when he was pulled over at 4.15a. m. by police officials in London for driving erratically.
The 25-year-old, Carly from Wimbledon, south west London, near where her boyfriend died, added, "We will always be together. I love you Tom X."
Maynard, 23, who had been widely tipped as a future England star, died on tracks near Wimbledon Park station on the London Underground''s District Line train. His body was discovered 55 minutes later after he was struck by an early morning District Line train.
The Welsh cricketer began this season in fine form, making his highest first-class score of 143 against Worcestershire, and may well have got his first England call-up later this year.
Maynard had been playing for the county in a T20 match against Kent at Beckenham just hours before his death. (ANI)
- England cricketing world mourns Surrey cricketer Tom Maynard’s death
- UK’s IPCC may investigate ‘tube rail’ death of Surrey cricketer Tom Maynard
- Croatia coach says Spain no longer possess aura of unbeatable world champions
- London Olympics chief denies role in Games tickets scam
- Warnie slams ex-wife over `name calling` of Hurley’s ‘Mummy 2’ nickname