Dubai, Jan 18 : Dr Yassir Jasem, who operated on football legend Diego Maradona to remove his kidney stones, has said that Maradona was co-operative and polite during the surgery. Dr Jasem believes that spending two hours with Maradona was an unforgettable experience for him and also admitted that he was bit nervous before operating him.
Dubai based Al-Wasl club coach Maradona was admitted to the Canadian Specialist Hospital in Dubai on Sunday for removal of stones from his ureter and, after a successful surgery, he was discharged on Monday. "It is something I would remember for my life. We had already done all the pre-operative check ups, were fully prepared. It was not something I was doing the first time, but even then, I can say when I started, I was worried and wanted to be very sure about the success," The Gulf News quoted Dr Jasem, as saying. Dr Jasem was left over-awed by the down to earth nature of Maradona.
"After clinically examining him, we explained to him about the ureteroscopic surgery and also the post-operative management. He was very co-operative and polite. One might think he would have a `star'' behavior, but that was not the case," he added. According to Dr Jasem, the most unforgettable moment came when soon after the surgery, Maradona expressed his desire to watch a football DVD that reflected his passion for the sport. Dr Jasem also expressed his pride in operating Maradona and feels it was a special moment for him to operate on a football legend like Maradona. "We are very proud that we got to manage it. We have had VIP patients but, of course, having a legend as Maradona made us proud," he added. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today