Buenos Aires, July 12 : Football legend Diego Maradona and his girlfriend escaped unhurt after their car crashed into a bus in Argentinean capital Buenos Aires.
Maradona and his girlfriend, Veronica Ojeda, were both taken to a hospital in the neighborhood of Ezeiza, near his home, where the accident took place, The Telegraph reports.
Initial reports suggested that Maradona had injured his knee and Ojeda her hip, but doctors later said both were unharmed.
"It is nothing serious," Maradona''s doctor, Alfredo Cahe, was quoted as saying.
"Maradona is fine, he suffered virtually no whiplash. They were taken to the hospital as a precaution but have no problems. They can both go home," he added.
Fifty-year-old Maradona was on his way to visit his mother, who is in a critical condition in a Buenos Aires hospital. (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'