Buenos Aires, July 12 : Football legend Diego Maradona and his girlfriend escaped unhurt after their car crashed into a bus in Argentinean capital Buenos Aires.
Maradona and his girlfriend, Veronica Ojeda, were both taken to a hospital in the neighborhood of Ezeiza, near his home, where the accident took place, The Telegraph reports.
Initial reports suggested that Maradona had injured his knee and Ojeda her hip, but doctors later said both were unharmed.
"It is nothing serious," Maradona''s doctor, Alfredo Cahe, was quoted as saying.
"Maradona is fine, he suffered virtually no whiplash. They were taken to the hospital as a precaution but have no problems. They can both go home," he added.
Fifty-year-old Maradona was on his way to visit his mother, who is in a critical condition in a Buenos Aires hospital. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today