Buenos Aires, July 12 : Football legend Diego Maradona and his girlfriend escaped unhurt after their car crashed into a bus in Argentinean capital Buenos Aires.
Maradona and his girlfriend, Veronica Ojeda, were both taken to a hospital in the neighborhood of Ezeiza, near his home, where the accident took place, The Telegraph reports.
Initial reports suggested that Maradona had injured his knee and Ojeda her hip, but doctors later said both were unharmed.
"It is nothing serious," Maradona''s doctor, Alfredo Cahe, was quoted as saying.
"Maradona is fine, he suffered virtually no whiplash. They were taken to the hospital as a precaution but have no problems. They can both go home," he added.
Fifty-year-old Maradona was on his way to visit his mother, who is in a critical condition in a Buenos Aires hospital. (ANI)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone