London, June 22 : Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao has won a WBO review into his split-decision defeat by undefeated champ Timothy Bradley earlier this month.
The two judges during the boxing match had scored the bout 115-113 in the American''s favour, prompting boos around the MGM Grand.
However, the WBO later met with five international judges to evaluate a video of the figh, and they unanimously scored it in favour of Pacquiao.
According to the BBC, although the original result still stands the same, as the WBO does not have to power to overturn it, but a rematch could be ordered.
It was the first defeat in seven years for Filipino fighter Pacquiao, 33, who landed 94 more punches than Bradley.
According to Bob Arum, the promoter for both fighters, Pacquiao has indicated he would prefer the rematch over Bradley forfeiting the WBO welterweight title. (ANI)
- Freddie Flintoff’s stunning ‘f***ing p***k’ attack on Atherton
- UEFA chief referee Collina claims ‘Ukraine goal against England should have been awarded’
- De Rossi gets ‘DANGER! Bone-crunching tackle ahead!’ tattoo to scare Gerrard and Co ahead of Euro cl
- Hodgson preparing England for ‘dreaded’ penalty-shoot out ahead of Euro QF clash with Italy
- Ukraine NOC sacks Olympic official over 2012 illegal ticket sale offer