London, Jan 23 : Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini reproached his players for giving away a two-goal lead within a spell of few minutes at the Etihad Stadium against Tottenham Spurs last night. Although Man City won the match 3-2 after Mario Balotelli converted an injury-time penalty, Mancini was clearly unhappy.
Mancini had complained of sore throat scolded his players for their slapdash attitude on the ground after taking a two-goal lead and sent his deputy David Platt to complete the media duties. Platt told the media about Mancini's annoyance over City's overall performance. "We should have put the game to bed at 2-0. That is what the manager said afterwards.
His voice was low but what he said was profound. He is not happy at the gift we gave them for the first goal and which let them back in," the Sun quoted Platt, as saying. He also said that Mancini had clearly informed his players about his displeasure on their lapse of concentration. "It was a lapse in concentration, we gifted it to them and the manager has made that clear to the players in no uncertain terms," he added. (ANI)
- Wenger hits out at Arsenal fans and refuses to explain his actions
- Gary Lineker could give up ‘Match of the Day’ for wife’s career
- Becks gives in to fast food craving with burger takeaway
- Becks fighting baldness but refuses hair transplant
- Chelsea fan detained over suspected racist jibes about Anton Ferdinand