London, May 28 : Manchester United has threatened to report Real Madrid to FIFA after the latter reportedly made another attempt to lure Portuguese striker Cristiano Ronaldo to the Bernabeu.
An Old Trafford statement said: “Manchester United have watched with growing irritation the comments attributed to Real Madrid over their alleged desire to sign Cristiano Ronaldo. The facts are: 1) The player is on a long-term contract and 2) The player is not for sale. The club will have no alternative but to report Real Madrid to FIFA if it continues to behave in this totally unacceptable fashion.
“These attempts to unsettle the player are completely against the regulations and the club will not tolerate them any longer,” The Sun quoted the statement as saying further. (ANI)
- England pacer Onions hopeful about playing part in Ashes Down Under
- Alonso urges Ferrari to take on Red Bull challenge
- Ex-racer Watson slams Schumacher for ‘ugly animal instinct’ act against Barrichello
- ‘ProBatter’, the bowling robot that replicates deliveries of any bowler in the world
- Pakistan completely out bowled Australia in Headingley Test: Lawson