London, Feb 25 : Manchester United's owners moved to dampen speculation about the future of the club Friday, saying that it is not for sale at any price.
The Glazer family, which took over the club in 2005, released a statement to accompany the club's second-quarter results.
"The board notes recent press speculation regarding a possible bid for Manchester United," it read.
"The owners remain fully committed to their long-term ownership of the club. No discussions have taken place, Manchester United is not for sale and the owners will not entertain any offers."
Media reports in recent weeks had suggested that the Qatar Royal Family were preparing a bid for the club.(DPA)
- Man U to become first Premier League club to break 100 million pounds mark
- Birmingham eyeing to breach Arsenal’s ‘weak’ defence in Carling Cup final
- Injured Fabregas pulling out all stops to play in Sunday’s Carling Cup final
- Illegal gambling is rife in British Football League, says player at heart of betting scandal
- Lampard clocked driving at nearly 93mph in a 50mph zone