London, July 23 : Manchester United is set to offer a new four-year deal worth 90,000 pounds-a-week to its defender Nemanja Vidic, which will place him among the highest earners at Old Trafford.
Vidic's position at United has been in doubt, with his agent indicating that the 28-year-old is open to a move to Spain or Italy, The Sun reports.
Real Madrid is among several clubs linked with the player this year.
The Serbian ace, signed for seven million pounds by United in 2006, has two years remaining in his 70,000 pound-a-week deal.
Earlier, Vidic had told his friends that he is undecided about his future, but United hope that by moving fast they will persuade him to stay. (ANI)
- ‘Unhappy’ Tevez looking forward to leaving Europe
- Determined Razzaq says Test career not over for Pakistan
- John Terry ‘accuses Vanessa Perroncel of trying to cash in on scandal’
- Peter Crouch ‘begging fiancée Abbey Clancy not to dump him’
- Walcott says ''fantastic'' Beckham is the perfect football professional