London, Oct. 27 : Manchester City has said they are prepared to sue captain Carlos Tevez for up to 10 million pounds.
The Argentina striker wants to take legal action against manager Roberto Mancini for defamation of character over the Italian''s claim that Tevez refused to come on as sub at Bayern Munich last month, the Sun reports.
But Tevez, 27, is set to face a solicitor''s letter himself, with City determined to go to war with their former captain.
Unfortunately, Tevez''s antics and lack of football mean City would be highly unlikely to get an offer greater than 30 million pounds.
City is ready to sue Tevez for the shortfall, which the club claims is completely the player''s fault.
In fact, Corinthians now value the player at far less than that - but reckon they are on the verge of capturing the troubled star.
City''s chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak has told Mancini he will cover all his legal fees in a defence of defamation against Tevez.
The club and manager find this latest threat from Tevez his most ludicrous move in the whole tawdry saga. (ANI)
- British Force India driver Paul di Resta feels "privileged" to race in India
- Fergie calls Man U players ‘f****** idiots’ after City defeat
- Prior disappointed over ICC decision to delay Test Championship until 2017
- Hernandez five-year deal with Man U, keeps him away from Real Madrid
- Butt accused of spot-fixing on basis of ‘coincidence, guesswork’, counsel tells court