London, Feb 15 : Manchester United midfielder Park Ji-Sung will be out of action for four weeks after suffering a hamstring injury, manager Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed Tuesday.
The former South Korea captain, who retired from international football after last month's Asian Cup, sustained the injury in training.
"We got a blow Saturday morning with the news that Park Ji-sung did his hamstring Friday afternoon in training," Ferguson told the club website.
"It was very unfortunate because it was his last kick of the ball in training as well.
"We were really looking forward to having him back after being away for a month at the Asian Cup. He will be out for up to a month, which is a blow to us."
Winger Luis Antonio Valencia has returned to training after his broken leg.(DPA)
- Messi admits Barcelona ‘terrified’ of Walcott’s pace ahead of Champions League clash
- Third-time dad Collingwood now looking forward to explode on sub-continent big stage
- Morgan’s ‘quicker than expected’ return to cricket leaves England camp ‘red faced’
- ‘Apologetic’ Woods faces up to 10,000 pounds fine for spitting in Dubai Classic
- Becks’ $25m lawsuit over ''cheating claims'' thrown out