London, July 4 : Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand has revealed on his Twitter account that he had become a victim of credit card fraud.
Ferdinand revealed cops told him that his credit card had been blocked following a failed `dodgy' transaction after the England defender tried to use the card in a shop.
"The bank said a FRAUD tried to make a ''dodgy'' transaction in Harrogate with my card details so they cancelled the card! We are after U FRAUD!" The Sun quoted Ferdinand's tweet, as saying.
Rio, who lives almost 80 miles from Harrogate in Alderley Edge, Cheshire, had earlier informed his three million followers on Twitter of his shock at getting his card turned down.
He wrote on his @Rioferdy5 account: "That embarrassing moment when ya Credit card gets DECLINED.... epic fail!"
Ferdinand further added, while recounting the incident: "What you talking about man, put it through again please" DECLINED!!!! Hahahaha! The Queens bank too, anyone got her number, I''m livid." (ANI)
- Wimbledon ticket prices may soar to £25,000 if Murray reaches final
- Serena felt being in ‘video game’ while playing under Wimbledon roof for first time
- Legend Fred Perry’s remains spent year in cold storage during Wimbledon roof works
- Serena reprimanded for endorsing unofficial soft drink brand during press interview
- Ronaldo and Shayk show off trim bodies on St Tropez beach holiday