London, Apr. 18 : Manchester United are convinced ace striker Wayne Rooney will sign a bumper new 150,000-pound-a-week contract before he jets off to this summer’s World Cup in South Africa.
Rooney has two years left on his deal, but Manchester United CEO David Gill hopes to convince the star to sign a five-year deal, complete with lucrative image rights bonuses, to keep Rooney out of the clutches of Spanish football giants Real Madrid.
Real Madrid is reported to be preparing an incredible 90 million pound bid for Rooney.
Rooney, 24, is in the form of his life and has scored 34 goals this season and is line to become FIFA World Player of the Year, PFA Player of the Year and win the European Golden Boot or finishes as Premier League top scorer, News of The World reports. (ANI)
- England pacer Onions hopeful about playing part in Ashes Down Under
- Alonso urges Ferrari to take on Red Bull challenge
- Ex-racer Watson slams Schumacher for ‘ugly animal instinct’ act against Barrichello
- ‘ProBatter’, the bowling robot that replicates deliveries of any bowler in the world
- Pakistan completely out bowled Australia in Headingley Test: Lawson