London, Jul 22 : Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has admitted that the club is still trying to sign US star striker Landon Donovan.
The City manager's first approach for the LA Galaxy forward was snubbed by the MLS.
Mancini said: "Landon Donovan is a good player and there is the possibility that he could come to us."
"The transfer market in England does not close until the end of August and there is the possibility that it could happen," The Sun quoted Mancini, as saying.
Donovan spent three months on loan at Everton last season and was a big hit at Goodison Park.
But he recently signed a four-year contract with Galaxy, which allows for loan moves only during the MLS off-season.
Yet that will not put off big-spending City, who has spent 200 million pounds on their star-studded squad.
Mancini added that he would not pay over the odds for midfielder James Milner and striker Mario Balotelli, 19.
"When we want a player, other clubs ask much more than is normal. This is not good and it is not right. Until today, it is only City that is moving the market.
"We are interested in good players like Balotelli and Milner but we have time - we have a lot of different choices," Mancini said. (ANI)
- ‘Unhappy’ Tevez looking forward to leaving Europe
- Determined Razzaq says Test career not over for Pakistan
- John Terry ‘accuses Vanessa Perroncel of trying to cash in on scandal’
- Peter Crouch ‘begging fiancée Abbey Clancy not to dump him’
- Walcott says ''fantastic'' Beckham is the perfect football professional