London, Mar 29 : Manchester United legend Steve Bruce has claimed that title rivals Manchester City have lost their nerve and may not win this year’s Premier League title.
Bruce believes City are going through the same jitters a United side he played and suffered in 20 years ago, before eventually winning their first title under Sir Alex Ferguson a year later.
The former Old Trafford captain said: "To overcome the psychological barrier of going so long without winning the league - we found that was the most difficult thing when we won it in ''''93.
"It doesn''''t matter how many talented players you have, make no mistake, you get nervous. Back in ''''92, we lost a hell of a lead to Leeds and in the end we choked, if I''''m being honest,” the Daily Mail quoted him, as saying.
"But the experience of that helped us the year after. The first one is always the most difficult one," Bruce said, adding that Manchester United''''s extra experience and mental strength will give them the edge over Manchester City. (ANI)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai