London, Mar 29 : Manchester United legend Steve Bruce has claimed that title rivals Manchester City have lost their nerve and may not win this year’s Premier League title.
Bruce believes City are going through the same jitters a United side he played and suffered in 20 years ago, before eventually winning their first title under Sir Alex Ferguson a year later.
The former Old Trafford captain said: "To overcome the psychological barrier of going so long without winning the league - we found that was the most difficult thing when we won it in ''''93.
"It doesn''''t matter how many talented players you have, make no mistake, you get nervous. Back in ''''92, we lost a hell of a lead to Leeds and in the end we choked, if I''''m being honest,” the Daily Mail quoted him, as saying.
"But the experience of that helped us the year after. The first one is always the most difficult one," Bruce said, adding that Manchester United''''s extra experience and mental strength will give them the edge over Manchester City. (ANI)
- Senna’s F1 car expected to fetch 750,000 pounds at auction
- Hamilton eyeing a faster car for China Grand Prix
- Mancini says ‘god’ has not helped him with his career
- Heart specialist claims Muamba might not be cleared to play football ever again
- Bell says it’s a shame England batsmen are not backing their bowlers