London, Mar 29 : Manchester United legend Steve Bruce has claimed that title rivals Manchester City have lost their nerve and may not win this year’s Premier League title.
Bruce believes City are going through the same jitters a United side he played and suffered in 20 years ago, before eventually winning their first title under Sir Alex Ferguson a year later.
The former Old Trafford captain said: "To overcome the psychological barrier of going so long without winning the league - we found that was the most difficult thing when we won it in ''''93.
"It doesn''''t matter how many talented players you have, make no mistake, you get nervous. Back in ''''92, we lost a hell of a lead to Leeds and in the end we choked, if I''''m being honest,” the Daily Mail quoted him, as saying.
"But the experience of that helped us the year after. The first one is always the most difficult one," Bruce said, adding that Manchester United''''s extra experience and mental strength will give them the edge over Manchester City. (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'