London, Aug. 13 : Manchester City and Ivory Coast football star Yaya Toure has said that he despises wayward Premier League players who are allowing their lives to spin out of control.
He particularly has taken a swipe at their sexual exploits, late-night drunken binges and habit of falling out of nightclubs in the early hours. Toure also lists smoking as one of his pet hates.
A devout Muslim, Toure said: "In order to get what you want in life, you have to have order and discipline.”
“You have to have rules of life: Behave well, respect your surroundings, not smoke, not drink, not go out impulsively. You must have control, because excesses can lead to anything. I don''t go to discos, they don''t attract me. The music''s very loud, there''s the smell of cigarettes. You see people talking and smiling - but you don''t know what they''re saying. It''s not my thing," The Sun quoted him, as saying.
Toure, 27, does not mind if he is considered an odd-ball by his team-mates or opponents.
"The odd people are those who don''t have a well-ordered life. I think I''m cool. I''m at ease with my way of life and that''s the most important thing," he said.
Away from football, Toure shuns the limelight and locks himself away from the celebrity lifestyle favoured by many of his contemporaries.
The former Barcelona ace said: "I hide. I''ve always been a bit afraid of crowds. I like to withdraw. Football has looked after me, even though I still like to stay in my corner.” (ANI)
- Hackers leak over 50 topless pics of Amber Heard online
- Hilary Duff is open for Lizzie McGuire reunion
- Will Smith's wife Jada Pinkett reckons trusting kids is best parenting
- Matt Damon in talks to star in 'The Great Wall'
- Clooney to wed in custom Giorgio Armani tux
- KBC gets its first 7 crore winner in two brothers
- Liv Tyler doesn't want to know baby's sex?
- Kendall Jenner thinks sis KimK's naked GQ cover was ' really embarrassing'