Munich - Bayern Munich defender Lucio no longer toys with a move to Spain and will stay at the German Bundesliga top club, the Sport Bild weekly reported in its Wednesday edition.
"There is no reason to leave. I will stay at Bayern," said the 29- year-old Brazilian.
Lucio had earlier this year considered a move to Spain, but that was swiftly vetoed by Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, who said that Munich had no intention to release him out of his contract until 2010.
"He is a very good player and we don't let such players go," said Rummenigge. (dpa)
- Brad Pitt feels marriage is 'more than just a title'
- Kelly Brook says David Mackintosh is needy
- Michael Strahan to do a cameo in 'Magic Mike' sequel
- Pregnant Duchess Kate set to resume royal duties post morning sickness recovery
- Taylor Swift, Metallica to perform at 2015 Rock in Rio festival
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas hadn't tweaked the original 'Star Wars'
- Don't regret having not played Gandhi: Naseeruddin Shah
- Paris Hilton and pals' booze bender at pub comes with $230K price-tag!