Munich - Bayern Munich defender Lucio no longer toys with a move to Spain and will stay at the German Bundesliga top club, the Sport Bild weekly reported in its Wednesday edition.
"There is no reason to leave. I will stay at Bayern," said the 29- year-old Brazilian.
Lucio had earlier this year considered a move to Spain, but that was swiftly vetoed by Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, who said that Munich had no intention to release him out of his contract until 2010.
"He is a very good player and we don't let such players go," said Rummenigge. (dpa)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai