Munich - Bayern Munich defender Lucio no longer toys with a move to Spain and will stay at the German Bundesliga top club, the Sport Bild weekly reported in its Wednesday edition.
"There is no reason to leave. I will stay at Bayern," said the 29- year-old Brazilian.
Lucio had earlier this year considered a move to Spain, but that was swiftly vetoed by Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, who said that Munich had no intention to release him out of his contract until 2010.
"He is a very good player and we don't let such players go," said Rummenigge. (dpa)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone