Munich - Bayern Munich defender Lucio no longer toys with a move to Spain and will stay at the German Bundesliga top club, the Sport Bild weekly reported in its Wednesday edition.
"There is no reason to leave. I will stay at Bayern," said the 29- year-old Brazilian.
Lucio had earlier this year considered a move to Spain, but that was swiftly vetoed by Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, who said that Munich had no intention to release him out of his contract until 2010.
"He is a very good player and we don't let such players go," said Rummenigge. (dpa)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today