Munich - Bayern Munich defender Lucio no longer toys with a move to Spain and will stay at the German Bundesliga top club, the Sport Bild weekly reported in its Wednesday edition.
"There is no reason to leave. I will stay at Bayern," said the 29- year-old Brazilian.
Lucio had earlier this year considered a move to Spain, but that was swiftly vetoed by Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, who said that Munich had no intention to release him out of his contract until 2010.
"He is a very good player and we don't let such players go," said Rummenigge. (dpa)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'