Brasilia, Apr 12 : Legendary striker Pele has said Argentinean forward Lionel Messi is not the best player in the world, as he is not even better than Brazilian striker Neymar, but the only thing which favors him is his experience
The debate regarding the best ever footballer has long centered on Pele and Diego Maradona, but many have started including Messi after a series of outstanding performances with Barcelona.
"There's always this Maradona comparison, saying that he''s better than Pele. Now some are saying that Messi is better than Pele. Well, he has to be better than Neymar first, which he isn''t yet. He has more experience," News24 quoted Pele, as saying while speaking at an event celebrating the centennial of Neymar''s club Santos
The 20-year-old Neymar is seen as Brazil's greatest player at the moment, and has been compared by many to Pele itself. (ANI)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai