Brasilia, Apr 12 : Legendary striker Pele has said Argentinean forward Lionel Messi is not the best player in the world, as he is not even better than Brazilian striker Neymar, but the only thing which favors him is his experience
The debate regarding the best ever footballer has long centered on Pele and Diego Maradona, but many have started including Messi after a series of outstanding performances with Barcelona.
"There's always this Maradona comparison, saying that he''s better than Pele. Now some are saying that Messi is better than Pele. Well, he has to be better than Neymar first, which he isn''t yet. He has more experience," News24 quoted Pele, as saying while speaking at an event celebrating the centennial of Neymar''s club Santos
The 20-year-old Neymar is seen as Brazil's greatest player at the moment, and has been compared by many to Pele itself. (ANI)
- Brad Pitt feels marriage is 'more than just a title'
- Kelly Brook says David Mackintosh is needy
- Michael Strahan to do a cameo in 'Magic Mike' sequel
- Pregnant Duchess Kate set to resume royal duties post morning sickness recovery
- Taylor Swift, Metallica to perform at 2015 Rock in Rio festival
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas hadn't tweaked the original 'Star Wars'
- Don't regret having not played Gandhi: Naseeruddin Shah
- Paris Hilton and pals' booze bender at pub comes with $230K price-tag!