Sydney, Aug 10 : Stephanie Rice has set the record straight about her relationship with basketball star Kobe Bryant.
The Australian swimming star took to her Twitter account to put an end to the rumours of a budding romance between her and Bryant.
"FYI yes Kobe and I are friends, but no we are not together and never have been. Can't guys and girls be just friends..?" the Sydney Morning Herald quoted her as tweeting.
"He's an amazing athlete and I've enjoyed getting to know him and many other great athletes in my Olympic journey," she said.
Rice and Bryant's recent encounters made headlines, with some wondering whether there was more than just a friendship developing between the two.
Bryant is in London with his wife of 10 years Vanessa and their two daughters, but the couple has been dealing with some well-publicised marital issues.
Vanessa filed for divorce in December, but it was never finalised.
They have since been spotted kissing, and out and about as a family at the Olympics. (ANI)
- Oz cities battle it out to lure world’s fastest man Bolt during holidays
- CA confident Oz Test players in CLTwenty20 will not affect Proteas series
- Oz cricket domestic season to start in middle of football finals
- Veteran Haddin likely to have just two Sheffield Shield matches to re-ignite Test career
- Red Bull driver Webber brands rival team’s endless complaining over car ‘boring’