Feb 20 : New Zealand has recalled Jesse Ryder, James Franklin and Andy
McKay for the three-match one-day series against South Africa, starting
Dean Brownlie and Jacob Oram who misses out through injury and Tom
Latham are the only three omissions from the Kiwi squad that hammered
Zimbabwe in the three-match ODI series.
Kim Littlejohn, national selection manager has said the Black Caps squad
has a perfect blend of experienced match winners along with talented
"The squad has a talented mix of experienced internationals and proven
performers from domestic cricket," Stuff. co. nz quoted Littlejohn, as
"James has been in good touch during the current Twenty20 series while
Jesse has been shown that he is ready for a return to top level
cricket," he said.
"Andy McKay bolsters the bowling attack and deserves his spot after
putting in consistent performances across the summer," he added.
The Black Caps squad will assemble in Wellington on Thursday, ahead of ODI opener at Westpac Stadium on Saturday.
New Zealand and South Africa meet in the final T20 match in Auckland on Wednesday night. (ANI)
- Kiwi all- rounder Ryder gets a berth for T20 match against Proteas
- Skipper De Villiers believes new era round the corner for Proteas
- Kiwi skipper Ross Taylor to miss ODI series against Proteas
- Proteas to concentrate on performance rather than verbal battle against Kiwis: Coach
- Veteran cyclist Armstrong makes spectacular comeback