London, Sep. 13 : England bowler Stuart Broad will miss the final ODI against India and the NatWest Twenty20 series against West Indies as well as the ODI leg of the India tour with a muscle tear within his right shoulder.
Broad may be fit to join the England squad for the Twenty20 fixture scheduled for October 29 in Kolkata.
ECB chief medical officer, Dr Nick Peirce, said: "Stuart has a muscle tear within his shoulder and will require an initial period of rest and rehabilitation. Exact timescales will be determined in due course but he is likely to be ruled out of cricket for a number of weeks." (ANI)
- Pak’s Aleem Dar wins ICC Umpire of the Year award for third time in row
- Ambrose, Davidson and Belinda Clark to be inducted into ICC Cricket Hall of Fame today
- Robbie Savage takes a football break from ‘Strictly Come Dancing’
- Dhoni, Yuvraj, Sehwag and Zaheer named in ICC ODI Team of the Year
- Queen’s Park Ranger owner asks Beckham to lead club