Antigua (West Indies), June 12 : India has won the one-day series against the West Indies.
A superb unbeaten 86 from Rohit Sharma led India to a three-wicket victory over West Indies and an unassailable 3-0 series lead on Saturday.
Sharma led India''s recovery from 92 for six as they chased down 226 at the Sir Vivian Richards stadium. An 88-run partnership with Harbhajan Singh (41) put India back in contention and then Praveen Kumar (25 not out) saw the tourists through to a comfortable victory with 22 balls to spare.
The West Indies owed their total to an outstanding 92 not out from 84 balls by Jamaican Andre Russell.
Russell''s score is the highest made by a number nine batsman in one-day internationals and included a 78-run partnership with wicketkeeper Carlton Baugh as the Caribbean side recovered from 85-6.
The big hitting innings included eight fours and five sixes as the success-starved home crowd were finally treated to some entertainment.
Once again West Indies struggled against spin with leg-spinner Amit Mishra taking 3-28 from his ten allotted overs.
Opener Lendl Simmons again was the pick of the West Indies batsmen with 45 before Mishra had him caught by Virat Kohli at slip but the middle order again failed.
India''s innings had a similar structure with opener Parthiv Patel hitting 46 but no-one else making a major contribution until Sharma''s big knock turned the game. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today