Antigua (West Indies), June 12 : India has won the one-day series against the West Indies.
A superb unbeaten 86 from Rohit Sharma led India to a three-wicket victory over West Indies and an unassailable 3-0 series lead on Saturday.
Sharma led India''s recovery from 92 for six as they chased down 226 at the Sir Vivian Richards stadium. An 88-run partnership with Harbhajan Singh (41) put India back in contention and then Praveen Kumar (25 not out) saw the tourists through to a comfortable victory with 22 balls to spare.
The West Indies owed their total to an outstanding 92 not out from 84 balls by Jamaican Andre Russell.
Russell''s score is the highest made by a number nine batsman in one-day internationals and included a 78-run partnership with wicketkeeper Carlton Baugh as the Caribbean side recovered from 85-6.
The big hitting innings included eight fours and five sixes as the success-starved home crowd were finally treated to some entertainment.
Once again West Indies struggled against spin with leg-spinner Amit Mishra taking 3-28 from his ten allotted overs.
Opener Lendl Simmons again was the pick of the West Indies batsmen with 45 before Mishra had him caught by Virat Kohli at slip but the middle order again failed.
India''s innings had a similar structure with opener Parthiv Patel hitting 46 but no-one else making a major contribution until Sharma''s big knock turned the game. (ANI)
- Shah Rukh Khan`s HNY now available online
- Ringo Starr, Paul Mc Cartney lead heartfelt tributes to singer Joe Cocker
- Sofia Vergara will do anything to stay young
- Stacy Keibler credits strict workout routine and healthy diet for losing baby weight
- Is Leona Lewis' beau planning to pop the question on Christmas?
- Paul McCartney to write a song on Eric Garner protest
- Kourtney K names new newborn son Reign Aston Disick
- Elton John finally marries long-time partner David Furnish