Dubai, Nov 23 : India has moved up to second spot on the ICC Test Championship table following the drawn Test series between South Africa and Australia, which concluded in dramatic circumstances in Johannesburg on Monday.
South Africa had been ranked second, but the 1-1 series result against the lower ranked Australia meant it lost one ratings point and fell below India.
Meanwhile, Australia’s thrilling and series-saving two-wicket victory in Johannesburg has earned it a point and it now sits 11 ratings points behind South Africa, in fourth place.
The match was not a very successful one for some of both team’s leading lights with Graeme Smith, Michael Hussey, Shane Watson and Mitchell Johnson all slipping down the respective rankings.
Smith loses five places and drops out of the top 10 of the ICC Player Rankings for Test batsmen, while Hussey concedes two places to number 14 in the latest rankings.
Hashim Amla’s second innings century earns him a place up the log to sixth position, while teammate AB de Villiers picks up two places and now sits in 12th spot.
Johnson drops four places in the bowling charts and now sits in 13th position, equal with England’s Chris Tremlett, while Watson loses two places on the same chart. (ANI)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone