Lahore, Dec 17 : The International Cricket Council (ICC) has extended its deadline for Pakistan to name their preliminary squad of 30 players for next year's World Cup until January 5.
ICC spokesman Samiul Hasan said that the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) had requested for the extension, the Daily Times reports.
On Wednesday, the integrity committee of the PCB had said that it needed more time for consideration relating to the clearance of players.
All other teams have to forward their squads to the ICC by Sunday. Starting February 19, the World Cup will be co-hosted by India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
It is noteworthy that three Pakistani players- Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Amir were charged under Article 2 of the ICC Anti-Corruption Code on September 2, and have been provisionally suspended over "spot-fixing" charges since then. Their hearing is due next month in Doha, Qatar.
More recently, a secretly filmed video showed alleged bookmaker Mazhar Majeed boasting of connections with four other Pakistani cricketers- Kamran Akmal, Umar Akmal, Wahab Riaz and Imran Farhat. (ANI)