London, Nov. 20 : The International Association of Athletics Federations has denied the South African Government’s claims that it had agreed to allow Caster Semenya keep her World Championship gold medal despite the gender controversy clouding her victory.
The IAAF insisted that the statement was premature, as discussions were ongoing to resolve the teenager’s future in athletics.
“We are working towards a resolution,” The Telegraph quoted an IAAF spokesman, as saying.
On Thursday, a statement by the South African government’s sports ministry had announced that a deal had been struck with the IAAF over the 800-metre world title Semenya won in Berlin in August.
Claiming that the South African government and the IAAF were in “total agreement” on the issue, the statement said: “Because Caster has been found to be innocent of any wrong, she will then retain her gold medal, retain her title of 800m world champion [and] retain her prize money.” (ANI)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai