London, July 27 : Former Pakistan leg spinner and current spin bowling coach of England, Mushtaq Ahmed has said he will be helping the home team win the upcoming Test series against Pakistan starting Thursday at Trent Bridge.
Mushtaq has taken 185 wickets in 52 Test matches for Pakistan. After moving to England, he was instrumental in Sussex winning three county championship titles in the last decade. Now he is eyeing a series victory against his native country.
"I played for Pakistan and obviously I have feelings for my country. My job requirement is that I should be loyal to England and help their spin bowlers.
"The fact that we are playing Pakistan does not make any difference. I have got to be honest and I have to ensure that I am justifying my job with my employers, which is what I shall be trying to do during this series." Mushtaq was quoted as saying in The Telegraph Tuesday.
However, Mushtaq said he does not doubt the abilities of his opponents and believes Pakistan will be a tough team to beat, especially after the surprise victory against the Australians in the recently concluded Test.
"Pakistan are usually a talented sides and this one is no different. But sometimes you can think too much about the opposition and not remember what makes your own side so strong," said Mushtaq.(IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today