London, July 27 : Former Pakistan leg spinner and current spin bowling coach of England, Mushtaq Ahmed has said he will be helping the home team win the upcoming Test series against Pakistan starting Thursday at Trent Bridge.
Mushtaq has taken 185 wickets in 52 Test matches for Pakistan. After moving to England, he was instrumental in Sussex winning three county championship titles in the last decade. Now he is eyeing a series victory against his native country.
"I played for Pakistan and obviously I have feelings for my country. My job requirement is that I should be loyal to England and help their spin bowlers.
"The fact that we are playing Pakistan does not make any difference. I have got to be honest and I have to ensure that I am justifying my job with my employers, which is what I shall be trying to do during this series." Mushtaq was quoted as saying in The Telegraph Tuesday.
However, Mushtaq said he does not doubt the abilities of his opponents and believes Pakistan will be a tough team to beat, especially after the surprise victory against the Australians in the recently concluded Test.
"Pakistan are usually a talented sides and this one is no different. But sometimes you can think too much about the opposition and not remember what makes your own side so strong," said Mushtaq.(IANS)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan