London, Jan 3 : England opening batsman Alistair Cook dreams of leading the team after full-time captain Andrew Strauss quits.
Cook has been groomed as Strauss' heir apparent for the past two years and stood in for him during England's Bangladesh tour last spring.
"If it comes my way, it would be a huge honour - it would be an amazing thing to do. But I don't crave the limelight of the captaincy - and who knows the future of the team? It was only four or five months ago everyone said I shouldn't be opening in the Ashes. To prove people wrong is always good," Cook was quoted as saying by The Sun.
But Cook doesn't want to look further and is focussed on winning the Ashes series.
"I think for me right now it's important I look no further, the whole team is very focused on this Test. It would be lovely to finish this Test tour off with some more runs and a good England performance," he said.(IANS)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan