Brisbane (Australia), Nov. 11 : Former Australian Test captain Allan Border and middle-order bat Dean Jones believe that Mike Hussey may lose his Test place despite Australia winning the seven match one-day series in India.
Veteran Hussey topped the run charts with 313 runs at an average of 104 in India, but the Herald Sun quotes both Border and Jones, as saying that the new kids on the block are threatening to push him out of the Test side.
Both think Hussey could struggle to hold his spot for the first Test against the West Indies at the Gabba on November 26.
Australia is keen to shoehorn young gun Phillip Hughes back in at the top of the order and shuffle makeshift opener Shane Watson to the middle order. (ANI)
- ICC may probe ‘suspicious’ Sydney Test between Australia-Pakistan
- Aussies disagree over team uniform for Commonwealth Games 2010
- Warne to launch branded poker rooms in Oz gambling kingpin Packer’s Crown Casinos
- Case against Pak ‘spot-fixers’ likely to falter: Legal expert
- Watson blasts ICC anti corruption unit for its inability to act against match-fixers