Melbourne, Aug 11 : David Hussey is set to lead Victoria Bushrangers' 15-man squad in the Champions League T20 cricket tournament beginning Sep 10 in South Africa, after Cameron White chose Royal Challengers Bangalore over his domestic side.
The Royal Challengers will pay a compensatory fee of $200,000 to Bushrangers for allowing White to play for the IPL franchise.
Cricket Victoria chief executive Tony Dodemaide said it is disappointing not to have White playing for the home team.
"We certainly would have loved to have Cameron available to play and captain the Victorian side at Champions League, but we understand the situation he finds himself in and the decision to demonstrate his integrity as a sporting professional and honour his contract with Bangalore," Dodemaide was quoted as saying in the Herald Sun.
New Zealand batsman Ross Taylor, who represented Bushrangers in last summer's Big Bash, has also chosen to play for the Bangalore side in the Champions League.(IANS)
- Serena asked to pay $100 admission fee on men’s ATP Tour
- Cricket Australia not to renominate Howard for ICC post, backs Kiwi cricket chief
- Shane Warne steps in as Liz Hurley’s ‘date’ at horse race event
- Glenn McGrath getting $250K-plus offers to sell wedding coverage rights
- Impossible to break Murali's record: Warne