Indian Wells, California, Feb 4 - Justine Henin plans to continue on schedule with her comeback to tennis after being awarded a wild card entry into the Indian Wells Masters event next month.
The Belgian, who lost the Australian Open final at the weekend to Serena Williams, won the Californian desert event in 2004 and last played it in 2006.
Henin marked her return to tennis after a 20-month absence by starting again last month in Australia. After her success at the Grand Slam, she said she would take a month off to regroup before resuming in March.
Henin joins other champions in the joint men's and women's event, including Roger Federer, Maria Sharapova, Rafael Nadal, Kim Clijsters and Novak Djokovic.
"I am very happy to be granted a wildcard, and I look forward to returning to Indian Wells," Henin said.
"I'm excited to be back on Tour and hope to continue the success I have had thus far in 2010." (IANS)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan