Hamburg (Germany), July 1 : Former undisputed heavyweight champion of the world Lennox Lewis has said that British pugilist David Haye must knock out Ukrainian Vladimir Klitschko when they meet for their bout in Hamburg tomorrow.
"I wanted to knock you out. I wanted to use my own judges in there. That''s what David Haye has to do. He has to use his own judges and try to knock Wladimir out," The Guardian quoted Lewis, as saying.
Lewis, a connoisseur of boxing''s "politricks", advises his fellow Briton not to rely on the sympathy of a lead official - Genaro Rodriguez - who has refereed four of Klitschko''s fights and is the appointee of governing bodies working in the more senior combatant''s adopted home.
Britain''s former undisputed champion says: "If you go into another boxer''s country you have to really show that you have won the fight. I feel David is going to have to knock him out."
Lewis thinks the Haye camp were right to oppose the Rodriguez appointment.
He said: "Oh yeah, I would do that, too. You need a ref in there that can pull them apart, who can impose his refereeing standards. But absolutely, I would object. I did it many times." (ANI)
- Hackers leak over 50 topless pics of Amber Heard online
- Hilary Duff is open for Lizzie McGuire reunion
- Will Smith's wife Jada Pinkett reckons trusting kids is best parenting
- Matt Damon in talks to star in 'The Great Wall'
- Clooney to wed in custom Giorgio Armani tux
- KBC gets its first 7 crore winner in two brothers
- Liv Tyler doesn't want to know baby's sex?
- Kendall Jenner thinks sis KimK's naked GQ cover was ' really embarrassing'