Hamburg (Germany), July 1 : Former undisputed heavyweight champion of the world Lennox Lewis has said that British pugilist David Haye must knock out Ukrainian Vladimir Klitschko when they meet for their bout in Hamburg tomorrow.
"I wanted to knock you out. I wanted to use my own judges in there. That''s what David Haye has to do. He has to use his own judges and try to knock Wladimir out," The Guardian quoted Lewis, as saying.
Lewis, a connoisseur of boxing''s "politricks", advises his fellow Briton not to rely on the sympathy of a lead official - Genaro Rodriguez - who has refereed four of Klitschko''s fights and is the appointee of governing bodies working in the more senior combatant''s adopted home.
Britain''s former undisputed champion says: "If you go into another boxer''s country you have to really show that you have won the fight. I feel David is going to have to knock him out."
Lewis thinks the Haye camp were right to oppose the Rodriguez appointment.
He said: "Oh yeah, I would do that, too. You need a ref in there that can pull them apart, who can impose his refereeing standards. But absolutely, I would object. I did it many times." (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today