Hamburg (Germany), July 1 : Former undisputed heavyweight champion of the world Lennox Lewis has said that British pugilist David Haye must knock out Ukrainian Vladimir Klitschko when they meet for their bout in Hamburg tomorrow.
"I wanted to knock you out. I wanted to use my own judges in there. That''s what David Haye has to do. He has to use his own judges and try to knock Wladimir out," The Guardian quoted Lewis, as saying.
Lewis, a connoisseur of boxing''s "politricks", advises his fellow Briton not to rely on the sympathy of a lead official - Genaro Rodriguez - who has refereed four of Klitschko''s fights and is the appointee of governing bodies working in the more senior combatant''s adopted home.
Britain''s former undisputed champion says: "If you go into another boxer''s country you have to really show that you have won the fight. I feel David is going to have to knock him out."
Lewis thinks the Haye camp were right to oppose the Rodriguez appointment.
He said: "Oh yeah, I would do that, too. You need a ref in there that can pull them apart, who can impose his refereeing standards. But absolutely, I would object. I did it many times." (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'