London, Nov 11 : Lewis Hamilton has termed his McLaren boss Martin Whitmarsh's claims that his form has been affected by team-mate Jenson Button''s success, as "rubbish".
"He made some comments which I disagree with. It''s rubbish," The Telegraph quoted Hamilton, as saying.
"My issues have been much, much bigger than that - more personal. Jenson doing great is great for the team," he added.
Button has won three races this season, in comparison to Hamilton''s two victories in China and Germany, and is 38 points ahead of Hamilton in the hunt for second in the championship.
Whitmarsh had made his comments at the last race in India, where Button finished second and Hamilton was seventh after another on-track clash with Ferrari''s Felipe Massa.
Hamilton, who recently split from his long-term girlfriend Nicole Scherzinger and is no longer managed by his father Anthony, said that he is missing out the `happy bubbles' around him unlike Button, but added that his problems affecting his performance are different.
"Jenson has done a great job to get things in the right place," said Hamilton, who recently split from his long-term girlfriend Nicole Scherzinger and is no longer managed by his father Anthony."
"He''s got his Dad, who''s there at every single race, he''s got his manager, he''s got his friends and his girlfriend there all the time. He''s got a great bubble around him and with that he''s able to go out there and perform without any worries on his mind," Hamilton said.
"He''s in a much stronger position than me so I wouldn''t expect anything less than the results he''s been getting. But that''s not affecting the way I''m performing. I''ve just been a bit unfortunate and I''ve got my own problems," he added. (ANI)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone