London, Jan 11 : Formula One racing driver Lewis Hamilton has re-ignited his feud with former teammate Fernando Alonso by reminding him that he was beaten by a rookie when they drove for McLaren during the bitter 2007 campaign.
Hamilton and Alonso had repeated clashes on and off the track in the season, but the Brit came out on top on count back after they finished level on points.
“It was my first season in Formula 1, alongside a double world champion, and I blew him away,” The Sun quoted Hamilton, as saying.
“No one has ever come into their first year and been at the front, let alone beat a world champion - beat the mentality and the strength he would have had and his experience in F1 up to that point,” he added.
Though Hamilton missed out on a historic title triumph by one point to Ferrari''s Kimi Raikkonen after seeing a 17-point lead wiped out in the last two races, he became the youngest-ever champ the next year.
The two will renew hostilities at the 2010 season-opener in Bahrain on March 14. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today