London, Jan 11 : Formula One racing driver Lewis Hamilton has re-ignited his feud with former teammate Fernando Alonso by reminding him that he was beaten by a rookie when they drove for McLaren during the bitter 2007 campaign.
Hamilton and Alonso had repeated clashes on and off the track in the season, but the Brit came out on top on count back after they finished level on points.
“It was my first season in Formula 1, alongside a double world champion, and I blew him away,” The Sun quoted Hamilton, as saying.
“No one has ever come into their first year and been at the front, let alone beat a world champion - beat the mentality and the strength he would have had and his experience in F1 up to that point,” he added.
Though Hamilton missed out on a historic title triumph by one point to Ferrari''s Kimi Raikkonen after seeing a 17-point lead wiped out in the last two races, he became the youngest-ever champ the next year.
The two will renew hostilities at the 2010 season-opener in Bahrain on March 14. (ANI)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai