London, Jan 11 : Formula One racing driver Lewis Hamilton has re-ignited his feud with former teammate Fernando Alonso by reminding him that he was beaten by a rookie when they drove for McLaren during the bitter 2007 campaign.
Hamilton and Alonso had repeated clashes on and off the track in the season, but the Brit came out on top on count back after they finished level on points.
“It was my first season in Formula 1, alongside a double world champion, and I blew him away,” The Sun quoted Hamilton, as saying.
“No one has ever come into their first year and been at the front, let alone beat a world champion - beat the mentality and the strength he would have had and his experience in F1 up to that point,” he added.
Though Hamilton missed out on a historic title triumph by one point to Ferrari''s Kimi Raikkonen after seeing a 17-point lead wiped out in the last two races, he became the youngest-ever champ the next year.
The two will renew hostilities at the 2010 season-opener in Bahrain on March 14. (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'